If you have 4c hair like mine, you know how hard it is to retain moisture. Washing your hair too much can cause damage and strips it of its natural oil. You can balance wash day by having a good pre-poo routine and by using a good conditioner. Conditioner makes hair softer and easier to detangle. With the help of a conditioner, you can wash hair once per week or every two weeks with shampoo and your favorite leave-in conditioner and oil.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
What is a good wash day routine?
- Get in the shower with your favorite shampoo and conditioner
- Wash hair in sections (4) or more with shampoo
- Use conditioner on each section
- Detangle each section of hair thoroughly with a wide-tooth comb or Denman brush
- Cover hair with plastic wrap for 10 minutes or more
- Rinse thoroughly
- Apply your favorite leave-in conditioner
- Style however you like
These are my favorite wash-day products that have helped keep my natural hair healthy.
- Coconut oil shampoo – by Maui Moisture
- Coconut oil conditioner – by Maui Moisture
Thank you for your feedback on this article.